Dear Book Worms,
The Emerald City Social Committee is starting up a virtual Seasonal Book Club, and we hope that you'll join in! The Book Club will feature a new book every season, and we will always feature both an adult and a child-friendly option.
Here's how we plan for it to go:
1) Our Social Committee Book Worms will choose a book every season, and blog about it here.
2) Once the review is live on the blog, the books will be available (in limited quantities) at the Security Desk to be borrowed for two weeks at a time.
3) We encourage those borrowing the books to chime in on the blog post with their opinion(s) of the book. Give us your feedback, and you may even win a prize for participation!
The Book Worms who will be reviewing regularly are:
Andreea Birloncea, who is the Social Committee Director and President of the Board of Directors. For over a decade now, she has helped mentor and tutor students in communication skills from grades 3 all the way through university, so she has been reading a lot in order to help out with assignments! She is partnering up with her favourite debate buddy...
Ozzy Bonilla, who is an employee of TSCC 2368 with many hidden talents and an incredible passion for reading. For Christmas, his top request was an e-reader, and we assume he was real good as Santa gave him one that he has put to good use- and will continue to do so now that he has kindly volunteered to help the ECSC with the monthly Book Club!
We will, of course, also have some guest posts to keep things interesting and fun - so please let us know if you want to be featured!
We've already chosen the two books for the Summer Season, and while we won't spoil what they are quite yet, we would like to heighten the anticipation with a few hints and a contest!
Adult's book hints:
1) The title of the book is based on a character from Greek mythology, and she just loved to deceive.
2) The writing style is said to be one of unique, intensely dark humour.
3) The book can be found on Indigo's Summer List.
Child's book hints:
1) This book features a unique friendship between someone who is four-legged and another who is eight-legged.
2) It is a classic children's book.
3) It used to be part of the elementary curriculum (whyyyy is it not still???).
If you'd like to venture a guess and be entered to win a prize, please email the Social Committee at SocialCommittee@EmeraldCityOne.com
Contest closes on June 30th at midnight, winner will be notified the following week.
Looking forward to expanding our imaginations together!
ECSC Director & President of the Board of Directors of TSCC 2368